Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
Town of Liberty
FEBRUARY MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Monday February 12, 2018
The February meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Chairman, Bill Pitz at 7:03 p.m. Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Jim Krim, Joel Aulik, Catherine Wagner and Pam Petersen. Also present Rick Krueger (Road Superintendent). Dave Petersen was excused.
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the January Monthly Board Meeting minutes as presented.
A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the Treasurer’s Report with $1,300,945.32 in the checking and savings accounts and $57,345.38 in the Machinery Replacement Fund as of 01/31/2018 as presented.
Road & Machinery (Rick Krueger)
• Rims and tires were replaced on the Recycling Center trailer. The trailer has quite a bit of rust and Rick will check if it will be possible to do maintenance blasting and painting.
• New tires have been put onto truck #5 and transmission oil and air dryer filter changed. Transmission oil and air dryer filter changes were also done on truck #6. Tires from truck #5 put onto truck #4. The boom tractor still may be in need of new tires.
• Welding has been done on the boom mower and the machine bushings will be checked.
• Rick will work on clearing a ditch at Range Line Road and Carstens Lake Road. This work will be done to prevent a problem of water backup.
• Rick will take a look at a 7’ hydraulic broom that can be used on the skid steer, tractor or truck. The town currently has a 5’ broom.
• Rick is working on getting budget quotes for a new tandem truck. The information will be shared at the Annual Meeting on April 17th.
Public Input (Opened at 7:33 p.m./closed at 7:43 p.m.)
• Fred Reindl presented information from their annual meeting.
• A rezone request from Mary Zimmermann, for property located at 3103 Thompkins Rd, was discussed. The rezone request is for a minimum of 1 acre, not to exceed 1.99 acres currently zoned EA to be rezoned to rural residential. The rezone was approved by the Planning Commission on a 4-0 vote. A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to accept the Planning Commission recommendation, with special considerations. Motion carried 3-0 vote.
Motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve and pay checks #18713 to #18782 in the amount of $134,094.82 and payroll transactions in the amount of $11,805.90.
Motion was made by Joel Aulik and seconded by Jim Krim to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 p.m.
Pam Petersen, Clerk
February 12, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
December 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
November 27, 2017 2018 Budget Hearing
November 13, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting