Home Page: Meeting Minutes
Latest Meeting Minutes
Town of Liberty
SEPTEMBER MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
The September meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Bill Pitz at 7:03 p.m. Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Pam Petersen, Jim Krim, Joel Aulik, Catherine Wagner and David Petersen. Also present Rick Krueger (Road Superintendent).
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Joel Aulik and seconded by Bill Pitz to approve the August Monthly Board Meeting minutes as presented.
A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the Treasurer’s Report with $197,630.31 in the checking and savings accounts and $40,255.78 in the Machinery Replacement Fund as of August 31, 2017 as presented.
Road & Machinery (Rick Krueger)
• A roof vent has been installed, missing screens replaced and Schnell Electric will update some electrical.
• Light outside will be updated to LED.
• Newton Road fill work has been completed. It has been seeded and is growing well.
• A tile that is shared by town line with the Newton, (Wehausen Road and Range Line Road area) was fixed. Rick worked with Dave from the Town of Newton.
• Rick will evaluate a possible issue with trees restricting the view at the intersection of Pigeon Lake Rd and Northshore Rd.
• Grass cutting will begin.
• Creating a turn around on Torrison Lane, to help during snow removal, will be evaluated. Continued discussions will be done at the October monthly meeting.
• The Pigeon Lake culvert project is done and has come in under bid.
• Pine River Bridge sealing and bridge approach are both completed.
Public Input (Opened at 7:30 p.m./closed at 8:43 p.m.)
Public/Citizen Attendance: Steve Huebbe, John Schnell, Kerry Schnell, Frank Meidl, Steve Meidl, Chad Vetting, Angie Vetting and David Christel.
• David Christel, from the Plan Commission, was present to discuss the modification to the conditional use permit request for Vetting Trucking. The modification was discussed and voted on by the Plan Commission at a September 5, 2017 meeting.
• John and Kerry Schnell were present to address their concerns regarding Vetting Trucking.
• Chad and Angie Vetting were present to address any questions on the amended conditional use permit request.
• Steve and Frank Meidl were present to address the remaining dollars that the Town had budgeted to assist with the Milfoil treatment for Pigeon Lake Association. Bill explained that this is something that will be discussed during budgeting.
• Information regarding the amended conditional use permit request for Vetting Trucking, as presented by Dave Christel of the Plan Commission, was discussed and reviewed. Bill Pitz made a motion to go with the Plan Commission majority, which was a vote of 4 in favor and 0 against, to approve the request with the following conditions, revise #3 consideration, “Engine brakes not to be used on Town of Liberty roads except in emergency situations.” to read “Engine brakes not to be used on Town of Liberty roads within 2 miles of shop.” Joel Aulik seconded this motion. Motion carried with a 3-0 vote.
• A motion was made by Pitz and seconded by Aulik to hire Paul Birschbach for a 3 year contract as building inspector beginning 9/1/2017. Motion carried with a 3-0 vote.
A motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Bill Pitz to approve and pay checks #18557 to #18586 in the amount of $79,169.18 and payroll transactions in the amount of $7,084.84.
Motion was made by Jim Krim and seconded by Joel Aulik to adjourn the meeting at 9:38p.m.
September 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting
June 12, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2017 Special Town Meeting
May 23, 2017 Board of Review Minutes
May 8, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
April 24, 2017 Special Town Meeting
April 18, 2017 Annual Town Meeting