Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 14, 2014 April 14, 2014 Board Meeting
Town of Liberty
APPRIL MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Monday April 14, 2014
The April meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Chairman, Bill Pitz at 7:02 p.m.
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Joel Aulik, Bobbi Reedy, Cathy Wagner, Dustin Hammel, and Dylan Hammel. Also, present Harley Meyer (Road Superintendent).
A motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Bill Pitz and seconded by Dustin Hammel to approve the March 10, 2014 Minutes.
A motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the Treasurer’s report with $124,283.38 in the checking and savings accounts, $35,583.54 in the Machinery Replacement Fund and $20,022.81 in the Highway Fund as of 3/31/14 as presented
Road & Machinery (Harley Meyer)
• Harley met with Jim from Crack Filling Service and inspected some town roads. Harley is working on a list of repairs.
• Truck #5 is back from repairs to rear axle and differential repair. The limited slip differential was replaced with standard type differential originally on truck.
• Salt contract with WI DOT was discussed. Ordering 75 ton for early order, 110 ton for seasonal fill and 25 ton for reserve fill.
• Harley got more quotes for tire replacement on the grader. He received prices from Pat’s, Pomps and Bauer Built. Bauer Built had the best price on recaps @ $925 per tire. Board agreed to go this route with replacement.
• New tires will be needed on the #5 truck by fall for next year’s snow season. Pomp’s is the only supplier with needed tires in stock. Price is $453 each. Board approved purchase.
• All brush cutting for this spring is done.
• Harley began shouldering some roads and will continue. Also been requested to go to Cleveland for a day to do their shouldering.
• Load limits on town roads will be up for at least 2 more weeks.
Public Input (Opened at 7:40 p.m./closed at 8:36 p.m.)
• Chris Dallas was present representing the Valders Fire and Ambulance Service. He provided the board with a quarterly update on how each service is doing from a financial position. Also shared with the board new things going on with the departments and equipment updates.
• Kate Reynolds, Town Attorney, was present. Kate explained that she is attending meetings of the towns she represents to get acquainted with new board members and get updates on what are areas of concern and needs of the towns she represents. She also provided an introduction and a bit about her background for new board members.
• Joel Aulik discussed preparations and needs for Town Board Annual Meeting being held Tuesday April 15, 2014.
• Animal at Large ordinance was reviewed a final time for accuracy and signed by the board to take effect 4/14/14. The ordinance will be published for 2 weeks in The Valders Journal as it imposes a forfeiture for non-compliance. It will also be posted at the Town Hall, Recycling Center, Pigeon Lake and on the town’s website.
• Discussion of Citation Ordinance. Some changes in the language and authorities to issue citations are to be made. The edited copy will be reviewed next month for possible action.
• Pine River Bridge revised contract was reviewed and discussed with all board members present. Bill Pitz signed the revised agreement to end the final billing being disputed by the town.
• The board discussed the issue of retroactive pay for the current Clerk. Current Clerk, Bobbi Reedy, was hired effective 5/1/13 with an arranged salary less than previous Clerk. The expectation was that the previous Clerk would also be paid during the transition and training process. The first month the 2 Clerks worked together and split the salary. From 6/1/13 to present the current clerk worked at the lower salary and did not receive the anticipated training and assistance of the previous Clerk. Dustin Hammel made a motion to issue retroactive pay to Clerk Bobbi Reedy for the 11 months difference in salaries. This amounts to $916.67 in back pay to be paid to Bobbi Reedy, Clerk. Joel Aulik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
• Discussion of Clerk reappointment to another term was discussed. Bobbi Reedy’s current term expires 4/30/14. The board would like to appoint Bobbi Reedy to continue as Clerk for a 2 year term. Future salary was discussed and a salary survey of neighboring towns was reviewed. The board decided it would like more time to review the information provided and think about the future salary. This item will be tabled until the May Board Meeting.
Motion was made by Cathy Wagner and seconded by Bill Pitz to approve and pay checks #17015 to #17049 totaling $12,811.23 along with payroll direct deposits of $5258.90.
Motion was made by Bill Pitz and seconded by Dustin Hammel to adjourn the meeting at 10:31 p.m.
Bobbi Reedy, Clerk
September 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting
June 12, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2017 Special Town Meeting
May 23, 2017 Board of Review Minutes
May 8, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
April 24, 2017 Special Town Meeting
April 18, 2017 Annual Town Meeting