Home Page: Meeting Minutes
January 13, 2014 January 2014 Board Meeting
Town of Liberty
JANUARY MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Monday January 13, 2014
The January meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Chairman, Bill Pitz at 7:04 p.m.
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Bobbi Reedy, Cathy Wagner, Dustin Hammel, Joel Aulik and Dylan Hammel. Also present Harley Meyer (Road Superintendent).
A motion was made by Joel Aulik and seconded by Dustin Hammel to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the Treasurer’s report with $ 743,136.30 in the checking and savings accounts, $10,560.24 in the Machinery Replacement Fund and $20,001.32 in the Highway Fund as of 12/31/13 as presented.
A motion was made by Joel Aulik and seconded by Dustin Hammel to approve the December minutes and December 9, 2013 Budget Hearing Minutes.
Road & Machinery (Harley Meyer)
• Truck#5 (’01 Intl.) needed differential and axle repaired.
• Ordered blades for Grader.
• Order 100 ton more salt today. Last month 215 ton salt/sand mix was used. 40 ton salt remains and sand is full.
• Requested a regular radio be put in new plow truck. Portable not working well when drivers are across town from each other. After other plow truck is sold that radio will be put in backhoe.
• Harley will be getting quotes on lettering the new plow truck.
Public Input (Opened at 7:34 p.m./closed at 8:06p.m.)
• Dave Christel, Plan Commission Chair, presented Paul & Nancy Muench’s Conditional Use request and Todd and Rachelle Zorn’s Variance request. These were discussed and voted on by the plan commission at their meeting last Monday January 6, 2014. Both requests were approved with a vote of 5-0 by the plan commission.
• Lucy Rutherford, daughter Elmer Hecker, was present. Her father, Mr. Hecker lives in the Township and she is his caregiver. She was inquiring about moving her mobile home to Mr. Hecker’s property because of the hardship of caring for her father and disabled husband. The Board and Plan Commission Chair directed her to start with the county regarding sanitary requirements and regulations of 2 homes on a property. Dave Christel, Plan Commission Chair, was going to assist her in finding out some of this information.
• Dog Registration issues in the town were discussed. The town recently received another bill for Bill Riesterer to transport 2 stray dogs to Eastshore Humane Society in Chilton. Dylan Hammel presented the Dog License Tax and fee schedule for non-compliance neighboring Town of Newton uses. The information is going to be sent to town attorney Kate Reynolds for review of possible similar ordinance.
• Resolution regarding unclaimed property was discussed. After discussion by the board it was found that there would be no advantage to the Town of Liberty to have a resolution for unclaimed property and continue to follow county ordinance.
• Discussion and review of resolution giving the Town Clerk authority to determine election needs in regard to number of poll workers. Motion was made by Dustin Hammel to approve resolution number 2014-01 giving the Town Clerk authority to adjust the poll workers schedule as needed. Joel Aulik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
• Board discussed Dave Christel’s presentation for the conditional use permit request of Paul and Nancy Muench for property located at 10308 Hwy. F. The request is to rezone a vacant veal barn from EA to RR and convert to mini-storage units. Board reviewed the special considerations and added that the rezone was not to exceed 2 acres. Bill Pitz made a motion to accept the request with considerations as presented by the Plan Commission. Joel Aulik seconded the motion. Motion carried.
• Discussion of Variance Request of Todd and Rachelle Zorn for properties located at 9430 and 9426 Pigeon Lake Road. The request is to combine the 2 lots for the purpose of constructing a single family home on the 2 lots after removal of 2 existing structures on these lots. Joel Aulik made a motion to accept the Plan Commission’s recommendation approving the Variance Request as presented. Dustin Hammel seconded, motion carried.
Motion was made by Cathy Wagner and seconded by Bill Pitz to approve and pay checks #16876 to #16925 and payroll transactions in the amount of $624251.98 along with payroll direct deposits of $8546.99.
Motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Joel Aulik to adjourn the meeting at 8:54 p.m.
Bobbi Reedy, Clerk
Peter Rathsack Unattached garage
Bartel Seed Service, Inc. Electrical Service
November 27, 2017 2018 Budget Hearing
November 13, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting
June 12, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2017 Board of Review Minutes
May 23, 2017 Special Town Meeting