Home Page: Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Town of Liberty
JANUARY MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Monday January 9, 2017
The January meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Chairman, Bill Pitz at 7:02 p.m. Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Pam Petersen, Cathy Wagner, Jim Krim, Dave Petersen and Joel Aulik. Also present Rick Krueger (Road Superintendent).
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
A motion was made by Jim and seconded by Joel to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Joel and seconded by Jim to approve the December Monthly Board Meeting minutes as presented.
A motion was made by Jim and seconded by Joel to approve the Treasurer’s Report with $884,771.24 in the checking and savings accounts and $25,161.45 in the Machinery Replacement Fund as of 12/31/16 as presented.
Road & Machinery (Rick Krueger)
• Hidden Acres has been used for deer collection.
• Truck maintenance from December snow and ice removal has been done and things are going well.
• Shop lights were in need of repair and replaced with LED lights
• 40 tons of sand/salt mixed.
• Sanding assistance was given at the Valders Fire station and the Clarks Mills Dam during a recent fire.
• Rick brought up concerns regarding a new home construction on CTH F. There is no known address or fire number to reference should an emergency arise at that location.
Public Input (Opened at 7:40 p.m./closed at 7:48 p.m.)
Public/Citizen Attendance: Jerry Gospodarek, Frank Meidl, Ann Meidl, Judy Neeb, Kevin Neeb
• Department of Natural Resources, AISEPC Surface Water Grants Program, request letter was presented by Jerry Gospodarek, for the Pigeon Lake weed treatment program. Once spelling corrections are completed on the letter, Bill will sign and submit. A vote of 3-0 in favor of applying for grant.
• There was no representation for the Viking Snow Riders so the issue to use Robley Rd as a trail connection was dismissed.
• 3 proposals for the “2017 Pigeon Lake Weed Treatment” were presented; Schmidt’s Aquatic, Clean Lakes and Wisconsin Lake and Pond Resource. The Association requested the Township Board approve the recommendation of hiring Schmidt’s Aquatic. A motion was made by Joel to accept Schmidt’s Aquatic to perform the Pigeon Lake weed treatment, plus additional costs not to exceed $9407.60. Bill second the motion. A vote of 3-0 in favor of Schmidt’s Aquatic doing the “2017 Pigeon Lake Weed Treatment”. The proposal selecting the bid from Schmidt’s Aquatic for the amount of $7287.60 was signed and submitted via mail by Pam.
Closed Session (Opened at 8:57 p.m./closed at 9:07 p.m.)
Open Session resumed with a discussion reviewing the Building Inspector contract and possible action. Information will be gathered on other available options.
A decision was made by the town board to release a Town of Liberty employee. A vote of 3-0 in favor.
• Pam shared that Nsight Teleservices will now be billing the Town of Liberty for email services as well as phone service. The cost for maintaining the lakefield email address is $4.95 per month.
Motion was made by Jim and seconded by Joel to approve and pay checks #18220 to #18288 in the amount of $682,453.33 and payroll transactions in the amount of $6,951.18.
Motion was made by Joel and seconded by Jim to adjourn the meeting at 9:10 p.m.
Pam Petersen, Clerk
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting
June 12, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
May 23, 2017 Special Town Meeting
May 23, 2017 Board of Review Minutes
May 8, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
April 24, 2017 Special Town Meeting
April 18, 2017 Annual Town Meeting
April 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes