Home Page: Meeting Minutes
July 14, 2014 July 14, 2014 Board Meeting
Town of Liberty
JULY MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Monday July 14, 2014
The July meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Chairman, Bill Pitz at 7:15 p.m.
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Joel Aulik, Bobbi Reedy, Cathy Wagner, Dustin Hammel, and Dylan Hammel. Harley Meyer (Road Superintendent) was on vacation.
A motion was made by Dustin and seconded by Joel to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Dustin and seconded by Joel to approve the June 9, 2014 Monthly Meeting Minutes and minutes from special meetings June 17, 2014 and June 26, 2014.
A motion was made by Dustin and seconded by Joel to approve the Treasurer’s report with $18,817.39 in the checking and savings accounts, $35,619.04 in the Machinery Replacement Fund and $20,042.79 in the Highway Fund as of 6/30/14 as presented by Cathy Wagner.
Road & Machinery (Harley Meyer)
• Harley was excused so there was not an official Road & Machinery Report. Bill Pitz however mentioned he contacted Northeast Asphalt and the Wehausen Rd. project will start in August.
Public Input (Opened at 7:31 p.m./closed at 8:08 p.m.)
• Dave Christel, Plan Commission Chairperson, presented a summary of the commissions 7/8/14 meeting. The commission approved with a vote of 5-0 to allow Doris Krueger to split a 20 acre parcel into 15.10 acres to remain exclusive agriculture and the remaining 4.9 acres to be divided into 2 small estate parcels. The commission also approved, 5-0, a conditional use permit for Kandy Konitzer to run a dog sanctuary on the property she is purchasing located on Hwy C. The plan commission also reviewed a farmland preservation map received from Manitowoc County.
• Earl Glaeser was present and posed the question of whether the town has a kennel ordinance and suggested it be something the town look into.
• Some of the board members have been approached with concerns regarding manure haulers setting up transfer tanks and lack of signage and warning for other drivers making it a safety issue. Suggestion was to talk to town attorney to find out if any other towns have any permits or anything that relates. Question was also raised if the town’s right of way permit covers this.
• The board discussed the zoning request of Doris Krueger as presented by the Plan Commission. Dustin made a motion to accept the plan commission’s recommendation, a second was made by Joel. The board voted 3-0 to accept the zoning request.
• Discussion of the conditional use permit for Kandy Konitzer raised the question of Insurance. It was determined this is not something the board can regulate. Joel made a motion to approve the plan commission’s recommendation as presented with the 8 special considerations. A second was made by Dustin and the board voted 3-0 to approve the conditional use permit provided the 8 special considerations are met.
• Define/clarification on what constitutes a meeting for the per diems paid to board members was tabled for August.
• Discuss and possible action regarding record retention and destruction of old records. Clerk presented what information she had gathered from town attorney and other townships. The board will determine what can be destroyed at a later date and notify the historical society prior to any destruction of records.
• Reviewed proposed Kennel Permit Ordinance draft provided by attorney. Number of dogs in the draft requiring a permit was at 10. There was discussion of possibly changing this to 5 to require a permit. The board also discussed what the application fee would be and thought $15 was probably appropriate. Enforcement and Penalty was discussed and Bill Pitz was going to have Kate Reynolds change it to the same fee schedule as the Nuisance Ordinance she was drafting. The board decided to table this until August.
• The board reviewed 4 additional poll workers presented by Bobbi Reedy and appointed Marge Koscielak, Kayleen Halderson, Betty Hove and Georgia Kohlway as additional election inspectors for the 2014-2015 term.
• The contract from Web-Pro for 2014-2015 LP Gas was reviewed. A motion was made by Joel to lock in with Web-Pro at $1.599/gallon. Dustin seconded this motion. Motion carried. This price is good from 9/1/14 to 4/30/15.
• The future plans for the 1995 plow truck were discussed. Upon purchase of the new plow truck the town was going to sell the 1995. Because of several mechanical breakdowns of the 2000 International over this last plowing season the 1995 was needed as a backup while the 2000 was being repaired. The board discussed the value of the truck and determined that with the low dollar value the town would get to sell it, it is more valuable to the town to keep it as a backup if one of the others is inoperable at any time.
Motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Bill Pitz to approve and pay checks #17107 to #17155 totaling $11,428.43 along with payroll direct deposits of $4,210.84. Checks #17133-17154 were voided because of paper jam in printer.
Motion was made by Dustin and seconded by Joel to adjourn the meeting at 9:39 p.m.
Bobbi Reedy, Clerk
Bartel Seed Service 16516 Bartel Road Electrical Service
Jon Loritz 15416 County Rd. F Farm Building-Siding
David and Brigitte Hickman 16011 County Rd. C Electrical/Plumbing
Geoff & Lisa Alfsen 11412 County Rd. F Major Remodel/Electrical
Glenn Otto 13824 Roselawn Rd. Farm Buildings
Paul Muench 10308 County Rd. F Commercial Building
Blaine Schwalbe 14723 Wrolson Lane Heating/A.C.change
Paul Schneider 14120 County Rd. C Roof Permit
Robert Pederson 12891 Rusch Rd. Heating/A.C. change
Todd Buchanan 7528 Marken Rd. Unattached Garage
February 12, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
December 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
November 27, 2017 2018 Budget Hearing
November 13, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting