Home Page: Meeting Minutes
November 10, 2014 November 10, 2014 Board Meeting
Town of Liberty
NOVEMBER MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Monday November 10, 2014
The November meeting for the Town of Liberty was called to order by Chairman, Bill Pitz at 7:04p.m.
The pledge of allegiance was recited.
Attending from the Board were Bill Pitz, Joel Aulik, Dustin Hammel, Bobbi Reedy, Cathy Wagner, and Dylan Hammel. Harley Meyer and Rick Krueger (Road Superintendents) were also present.
A motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the agenda as presented.
A motion was made by Dustin Hammel and seconded by Joel Aulik to approve the minutes from the October 13, 2014 monthly meeting.
Joel Aulik made a motion to reassign the Road Superintendent position to Rick Krueger. A second was made by Dustin Hammel. Motion carried.
Cathy Wagner gave the Treasurer’s report with $5,164.50 in the checking and savings accounts, $62.43 in the Machinery Replacement Fund. The Highway Fund was closed. Joel Aulik made a motion to approve this report as presented. Dustin Hammel seconded.
Road & Machinery (Harley Meyer/Rick Krueger)
• All trucks/plows are ready to go for snow season.
• Finished shouldering Marken Rd. last week.
• Got some prices for grader blades, going to cost about $5,200. Will order end of November.
• Harley’s credit card is expired and he will cancel account. Rick and Bill will go setup new account at Bank First National.
• Rick has been looking for part-time snow plow drivers. Tony Leitner will return and he has 2 very good prospects. Will get DOT info. To Randy Pingel on the 2 prospects.
Public Input (Opened at 7:32 p.m./closed at 7:37 p.m.)
• Ken Knier from the Plan Commission presented a rezone request for Evenson Construction to change zoning on 4911 Hwy A from Small Estate to Industrial. Andy Niemuth from Evenson answered some questions about building location on property. The rezone was approved by the Plan Commission with a 3-0 vote with special considerations that the current and future property owners maintain 75 feet of green space from the north property line.
• Dustin Hammel made a motion to approve the Plan Commission recommendation to allow the rezone request for Evenson Construction as presented with special considerations of green space. Joel Aulik made a second, motion carried.
• Discussion of ACT 377-Local Government Options for Implements of Husbandry and Agricultural Commercial Vehicles. Bill and Joel attended the county meeting 11/6/14. The county is working toward uniformity with surrounding counties and all towns within the county. Option F of ACT 377 is what the consensus is among counties and towns. The town is able to change this option in a year. The state will be going with option E for state roads. A decision is needed by 1/15/15. Joel volunteered to be one of the permit issuers for a year. Bill Pitz made a motion that the town proceed with option F of ACT 377 for 1 year, with Rick Krueger and Joel Aulik responsible for issuing permits. Dustin Hammel seconded this motion. Motion carried.
• Valders Fire Department Chief, Chris Dallas, presented the proposed 2015 contract. Joel Aulik made a motion to accept the contract as presented. Dustin Hammel seconded this motion. Motion carried.
• Saint Nazianz Fire Department 2015 contract review and possible action. Bill Pitz did not have the contract he was given with him so this will be moved to the November 24, 2014 meeting the board is having after the budget hearing.
• There were 2 sealed bids for 1989 Chevy Pickup. First one opened was made by Harley Meyer for $326 and the other was made by Mike Reedy for $307. The bid was awarded to Harley Meyer.
• Dustin Hammel made a motion to approve use of previous years unused levy limit of $1300.00 for 2014 Levy for 2015 Budget. Joel Aulik made a second, motion carried.
Checks #17244 to #17277 totaling $11,593.25 were signed and issued along with payroll direct deposits of $4,193.11. Check #17216 and #17220 held from October totaling $5,347.27 were also signed.
A motion was made by Bill Pitz to adjourn at 9:14 p.m. Dustin made a second to this motion.
Bobbi Reedy, Clerk
James Skarda 13908 County Road C Major Remodel
Scott & Renee Madson 7719 Marken Road Addition/Electrical
February 12, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
December 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
November 27, 2017 2018 Budget Hearing
November 13, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 20, 2017 Special Town Meeting